4 - 7 August, Dubai
Fraud and Corruption is costing corporations and government 5% of revenue or spend, according to the ACFE. This equates to US$4trillion per year. This is a worldwide epidemic and can only be tackled by effective Fraud Risk Management. The most effective way to manage and combat Fraud is to train Fraud fighters and employees in identifying key indicators of fraud and in the latest techniques for identifying, investigation and managing fraud risk.
Objective of the Masterclass
The objectives of the Masterclass are to educate corporations and employees on Current Fraud and Corruption Trends and to provide an arsenal of the latest techniques to fight and manage fraud. This training provides the latest technology and videos to not only sensitise employees to what is happening but also “how the fraudster carries out his frauds”. We truly believe that fraud investigators and auditors can only begin to tackle fraud if they understand how the many different types of fraud are carried out.
Attendees will benefit from attending with the following take-aways:
- A full understanding of Anti-Fraud Programs and how to implement them.
- Case Studies on UAE Frauds
- An update on Current Fraud Trends
- The latest investigation techniques and technologies
- A Fraud Risk Assessment for your organization
- A comprehensive Fraud Policy for implementation at your organization
- To be able to return to work and immediately identify key characteristics of fraud and corruption risk
- An update on Blockchain and Bitcoin Fraud risk
FCCA, CPA FORENSIC ACCOUNTANT
Simon Padgett is a British-qualified accountant with an MBA from Oxford. He was previously Head of Forensic Services for PwC in Vancouver, Canada, and Head/Director of Forensic Services at Protiviti in the United Arab Emirates. He has also held positions of Head of Internal Audit, Risk Management and Forensic Services for large public companies and has worked for the Big 4 accountancy firms including six years at Ernst & Young in South Africa and KPMG in the Caribbean region. His experience crosses the spectrum of forensic accounting, auditing, risk management, corporate governance and more. His career for the last 20 years has had a focus on forensic accounting, fraud and corruption investigations.
Over the course of his 25-year anti-fraud career, Simon Padgett has seen firsthand that the traditional emphasis on fraud control environments is not necessarily working. That's because the human beings who choose to turn to fraud are often the very people we entrust with sensitive financial information.
In Profiling the Fraudster, Padgett helps auditors and investigators turn the tables by building a solid case for monitoring human behavior to detect fraud wherever it occurs. With this book, you will be able to implement research-based investigative psychology techniques that go well beyond the traditional theories.
A celebrated career of over 25 years of experience in conducting training programs in over 38 countries in Forensic Services. A quick snapshot of Mr. Padgett’s experience below:
- Managing Partner - Forensicintegrity
- Author of "Profiling the Fraudster". A fascinating book.
- DMG Blockchain Solutions Inc - Director of Forensic Services and Board Director
- Bahrain Financing Company (BFC) - Head of Audit, Risk and Compliance
- PwC, Vancouver, Canada - Director - Head of Regional Forensic Services
- Protiviti, United Arab Emirates - Director - Head of Forensic Services
- Board member of The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE) in Canada in 2015 and 2016 and the United Arab Emirates from 2008 to 2013
- TDIC, Abu Dhabi, UAE - Director - Corporate Integrity
- Al Fahim Group, Abu Dhabi, UAE - Group Head of Risk and Internal Audit
What the masterclass will be looking at?
- Definitions and types of Fraud
- Current Fraud Trends
- Computer Fraud and Cybercrime
- Investigation Skills
- Profiling the Fraudster
- Interviewing Skills
- Understanding Fraud in Financial Statements
- Financial Statement Fraud
- Money Laundering
- Fraud Prevention Plans
- Fraud Risk Assessments for your organisation
- Review the top 20 Frauds worldwide
- A selection of videos and case studies
Who should attend:
Directors, Presidents, VP, GM, DGM of following departments:
- Internal Auditors
- Risk Managers
- Fraud Investigators and examiners
- Financial Managers
- Corporate Fraud Police
- Banking employees/managers
- Security experts
- Big 4 Accountants and Auditors